South Africa > Safari > Welgevonden > Iwa Imfene Safari Lodge
Iwa Imfene is a privately owned self-catering lodge on the reserve and offers a unique opportunity to enjoy all the attractions of a game reserve but on your terms, schedule and preferred routine.
THE MAIN LODGE (COMMUNAL AREA)
Iwa Imfene Safari Lodge, Vaalwater, Welgevonden, South Africa.
Reservations: +27 878 222 335
Start Planning Your Iwa Imfene Safari Now!
SAFETY ON THE RESERVE:
- The Lodge has capacity for a maximum number of 10 guests (in total) which includes children and infants and any staff you may bring.
- There are four chalets available. These luxurious spacious units are configured as 3 open plan bedrooms and 1 two bedroom inter-leading unit with a shared bathroom (family chalet). All have single beds
- All chalets are en suite with dressing area with ample cupboard space, fireplace, bath, shower and toilet.
- The family chalet has the same amenities plus 4 single beds and TV, DVD and music player in one room. This is specifically designed to accommodate either a family with small children OR a dormitory and games room for teens.
- There is no air conditioning in the units – but the chalets and lodge have very high ceilings and fans. In winter they have proper wood fires and an electric oil heater. The beds are all fitted with electric blankets.
- Our qualified game ranger, Simon Radebe, is available at your convenience for game viewing in our private open game vehicle. He has over 30 years’ experience as a game ranger, field guide and is responsible for on-site lodge management. Simon is very knowledgeable and passionate about his work and loves sharing this enthusiasm with guests of all ages.
- Hospitality is Brenda’s domain. She’s our bubbly housekeeper and ensures that guests feel welcome and settled in. Apart from keeping the main lodge and chalets in order, Brenda can help with meal preparation and child minding. Like Simon, she is a people’s person and is very engaging and approachable.
- Iwa Imfene is fully equipped. You need not bring anything like linen, towels etc. You don’t need raincoats either.
- The lodge is self-catering. Vaalwater is the last place to stock up on the way to Welgevonden.
- If you run short of firewood, provisions or need items in the medical kit you may use what is at the lodge, but we will need to replenish these at your cost. Alternatively, Simon can go into Vaalwater in need.
- Should the satellite reception become unstable (lightning storms can cause problems), you can get cell phone signal about fifteen minutes from the lodge, so you aren’t completely off the radar.
SAFETY ON THE RESERVE:
- The reserve is highly regulated, and management imposes big penalties or fines when these are contravened.
- There is strict protocol with regards game viewing, driving ‘off piste’ and getting off the land cruiser when you’re in the veld. The number of passengers on the vehicle is limited to 10 at a time.
- Areas of concern are those of physical safety and preservation of the environment. Draconian as the regulations can seem, please take them seriously.
- Please follow Simon’s instructions, as he is up to date about animal patterns on the reserve and knows how to deal with unpredictable behaviour that needs quick response. Human error and the unpredictable temperament of wild animals can end badly.
- It is not possible to go on walks without an armed ranger. (Simon doesn’t have a weapon).
- Guests are required to sign indemnity on booking confirmation.
- All safety and back up measures are in place on the lodge. These include satellite phone, radio contact, back-up generator, borehole.
- The electric fence around the perimeter of the lodge is always on.